Frequently asked questions

How do I register and access the Centre?

You can register with CUC Goulburn if you are:

  • a university student
  • studying a vocational or professional course online
  • 18 years of age and over

Simply fill in the form on our website to register your interest. We’ll get in touch to complete your registration. In most cases, you’ll need to provide proof of enrolment in a course and your USI, and photo ID.

Once registered, you’ll receive a swipe and be able to access our Centre from 5 am to midnight, 7 days a week. Our facilities and services are free.

If you are in Year 12, and planning to study at university next year, and have your parent’s permission, you can register with us to access the Centre during staffed hours.

Do you offer courses?

CUC Goulburn is a regional university study hub. We do not provide courses directly.

We can help you choose from many different courses and support you to access a wide range of higher education providers. Our students study everything from accounting to zoology, at nearly 40 different institutions. Many of our students study online, using the Centre to access their courses. Some students commute to attend some of their classes in Canberra, Sydney or Wollongong, and use the Centre as a quiet place to study. Other students do a mix of online and face-to-face study.

We can look at courses from different providers that suit your interests, career goals, study preferences and work and family commitments.

Can you attend my event or workplace?

CUC Goulburn does outreach in the Upper Lachlan and Goulburn Mulwaree regions. We can support education and career expos, and other programs and events that showcase educational opportunities. We can also present to students or staff.

Please get in touch.

Can you host my exam?

CUC Goulburn regularly hosts and supervises exams for universities and other exam providers. We can provide an examination space and invigilation services. Contact us with enquiries.

I’m not sure if uni is for me. Can you help?

We know from supporting so many locals that university study can be very rewarding and that a university qualification can bring many benefits. However, we also understand that uni is not for everyone and that there are other equally-valid options to explore.

We offer very practical information to help with your decision-making and support if you do decide to apply and enrol. About half of our students are the first person in their family to ever study at uni.

Can you provide assistance to my child?

CUC Goulburn can provide course advice, based on your child’s current goals, interests and preferences for study. We can also help your child to identify and apply for scholarships.

If your child is unsure if they would like to go to uni, we can provide some tools for exploring careers, and some practical advice to explore uni as a possible option. We do not provide careers counselling or other forms of counselling.

If your child is entering Year 12, then they are eligible to enrol in UOW’s Year 12 Future Me program, which is run by local mentors at our Centre each year. This structured program supports Year 12 students with the transition to uni after school. The program looks at a range of options for uni, not just those available with UOW. This program is advertised through each of the schools.

I’m really struggling at uni. Can you help?

Yes! We’re here to help with practical advice. We know that uni can be very challenging, but we also know that it is helpful to be able to speak to someone face-to-face. Book in with our academic advisor.